Manager Strategic Sourcing - Healthcare Supply Chain
Department: Supply Chain Administration
Status: Full Time
Orlando Healths Supply Chain Administration is seeking aManager of Strategic Sourcing to lead a team and be responsible for thesourcing, analyzing, negotiation, implementation and management ofcorporate-wide contracts with suppliers for products, equipment and purchasedservices across all business units of Orlando Health. The Manager of StrategicSourcing serves as a Supply Chain business advisor, gathering market knowledgeand assisting in the development of non-salary cost management goals andprocesses on behalf of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a multi site healthcare system.Licensure/Certification
Certified Professional through Association of HealthcareResource and Materials Management (AHRMM), or Six Sigma Lean Certification orCertificate in Project ManagementEducation
- Masters degree in healthcare, business administration orother related area required.
- or, Bachelors degree in healthcare, businessadministration or other related area and two (2) years of directly related workexperience may substitute for the Masters degree.
Minimum of five years experience in a) purchasing orcontracting in a multi-hospital system, or b) health care consulting oradministration, or c) supply chain leadership in a multi-hospital system, or d)leadership of a value analysis team.
Minimum of 5 years managerial experiencerequired.Essential Functions
- Develops policies, processes and practices for thesourcing and selection of products including the optimization of Value AnalysisTeams and the Medical Economics Outcome Committees. The Value Analysis teamwill also include sourcing specialists, purchasing and data analytics.
- Develops processes and practices to ensure maximum valuein the acquisition of new technology, sourcing, contracting, supplyutilization, supply standardization and maximization of GPO services andopportunities.
- Responsible for leadership and management of the valueanalysis program including the development of a strong value analysis team toinclude all hospitals and non-hospital entities of Orlando Health.
- Develops relationships and collaboration with departmentstakeholders and communicates frequently with physicians, executives, managersand team members.
- Leads the value analysis team in the facilitation ofproduct conversions, standardizations, evaluations, trial and resolvingdefective products.
- Manages purchasing staff and connects to Value Analysisteam and initiatives.
- Leads a team establishing contractual relationships withsuppliers of products, equipment and services.
- Represents the organization in negotiating effective andmarket-competitive contracts, ensuring that renewals are consistent withorganizational goals.
- Leads a focus on cost management in all non-salary areas,setting team goals and tracking actual savings.
- Supervises compliance with GPO and system-wide contractsensuring price integrity.
- Optimizes the use of third party research and analyticaltools including such tools as provided by The Advisory Board, ECRI, Gartner andothers.
- Responsible for strategic supplier relationships acrossall non-labor spend to maximize service, quality and cost.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendanceconsistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, stateand local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies andprocedures.
ADDRESS: 1417 Kuhl Ave. (Support Services) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.