Pharmacy Technician - St. Cloud Inpatient Pharmacy - Varies Shift
Location: Orlando Health St. Cloud Hospital
Address: 2906 17th Street St. Cloud FL
Department: STC PHARMACY
Status: Variable Full Time
Orland Health at St. Cloud Hospital is seeking a Pharmacy Tech to join our team!
The Pharmacy Tech assists with operational and all distribution responsibilities as they are related to Pharmacy Technician functions including Orlando Health software and hardware systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Additional training in chemotherapy, automated dispensing cabinets and any other program deemed necessary.
- Maintains current registration with the Florida State Board of Pharmacy
- One (1) year of experience as a pharmacy technician or completion of an accredited technician training program.
- Hospital experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrates an understanding of safety, emergency and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the hospital mission, personnel policies, philosophy, goals, customer service, and objectives of Pharmacy and Orlando Health.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the general duties and processes of the Pharmacy department.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and utilize resource persons and departments for customer service and patient care, based upon need, availability and responsibility of resources.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate the equipment required for pharmacy procedures, consistent with operating instructions, safety regulations and policy and procedures.
- Performs the basic Pharmacy Technician procedures required by the assigned area consistent with scientific principles and Orlando Health policy and procedures.
- Performs the basic buyer procedures including drug procurement required by the department and consistent with departmental principles and Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Accurately assists the Pharmacist in all duties pertaining to the medication distribution including proper aseptic techniques for admixture of various types of medication and functionally performing tasks / procedures associated with automated dispensing cabinets.
- Maintains USP 797 standards and other regulatory required logs.
- Maintains safe handling and proper disposal requirements.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.