Registered Nurse RN, Physician Practice, Adult Cardiology
Department: OHHI CARDIOLOGY GROUP-DPH
Status: Full Time
The Registered Nurse (RN) assesses patients needs when developing an individualized plan of care for each patient.
- For Team Members hired into this job prior to January 1, 2020: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Effective January 1, 2020: New Hires and Team Members moved into this job and/or transferring Depts. must obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing educational.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
Current license in the State of Florida renewed every two years. Maintains current CPR certification. ACLS certification for adult critical care areas.
Based on area of assignment, two (2) years of hospital experience may be required. Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- The RN prescribes, delegates, coordinates, and documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- The RN demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients and family.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patients rights, and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized unit.
- Provides input into staff development needs, hospital and/or nursing committees, nursing research activities, and performance management activities of co-workers and self.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.