Lab Coordinator - Oncology Laboratory - Days
Location: Orlando Health Medical Pavilion Spring Lake
Address: 1400 S. Orange Ave. (UF Health Cancer Center at Orlando Health) Orlando FL
Department: ONC Laboratory
Status: Full Time
The Laboratory Coordinator is responsible for monitoring daily operations in an assigned laboratory section of responsibility. They evaluate workflow in the laboratory and coordinates with sections to ensure service delivery is met.
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Maintains current Florida license(s) required for area of responsibility.
- Certified by a professional laboratory certification agency, i.e. ASCP or eligible, if required for area of responsibility
- Three (3) years of hospital laboratory experience
- Evaluates workflow in the laboratory and coordinates with sections to ensure service delivery is met.
- Regularly communicates with manager on day to day operations.
- Understands the role and function of all laboratory areas and is able to fulfill tech in charge as required.
- Expected to assume bench responsibilities as needed and regularly performs testing at least 60% of the time
- Regularly performs and reports routine, special and point of care laboratory testing following established policies and procedures to ensure the highest quality of laboratory results within established timeframes
- Verifies results and quality control data for accuracy and reliability
- Performs, evaluates, and documents all quality control, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
- Monitors pre-analytical, analytical or post- analytical testing processes to ensure acceptable levels of performance are maintained and that corrective action is taken when appropriate.
- Evaluates team competency, monitors results, worksheets, quality control records, proficiency testing and maintenance logs.
- Participates in evaluation of new pre-analytical devices, tests methodologies or instrumentation under the direction of the manager and medical director.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.