Co-Teacher Family Center
This position is responsible for organizing and directing the appropriate program segment's day-to-day operations, supervising and training all support staff, and implementing and supervising all aspects of daily activities for youth to provide a successful program that will foster childrens social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth in a safe and well-organized environment.
Preferred availability : Monday- Thursday 8:00AM- 12:00PM Friday-Saturday 8:00AM-11:00AM
- Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, to ensure the operation of a quality Child Development program.
- Must have willingness to care for children in all capacities; including diaper changes, toilet training, sudden illness or injury, etc.
- Attend all staff meetings as required to meet educational requirements. Establish in-service training.
- Assist in the planning and implementing of the daily lesson plans that fit the childrens needs and interests.
- Take responsibility for the safety of the children in the child development environment and the quality of the supplies, equipment and materials in the child development area.
- Report all suspicions of child abuse to proper authorities.
- Make sure proper procedures are followed for sign-in/out of children on a daily basis.
- Report all accidents to the Supervisor, and completely fills out proper health log and/or accident/incident form.
- Direct or assist in the daily maintenance of the childcare area, ensuring safety and cleanliness.
- Assume equal share of the regular housekeeping chores such as cleaning, preparing for daily activities and cleaning up after projects.
- Ensure that YMCA Character Traits are evident in all activities.
- Assist in all phases of operation of the program.
- Establish a relationship with each child and know his or her present level of understanding; consider the needs of all the children and treat each child with respect and dignity.
- Work toward positive parent/staff relations.
- Participate in member retention, special events and fundraising. Complete all paperwork clearly and concisely. Remain up to date on emergency procedures and family center policies.
- Assure all programs are in compliance with all state and local requirements governing child care.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the family center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by management.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Must have one year of child care experience.
- Must possess current CPR and First Aid licensing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Follow through actions regarding communication with all parents.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
- The employee must be able to perform medium work: exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The employee is subject to noise: there is sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
- The employee is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.