CT Technologist - St. Cloud Radiology - Varies
Department: STC Rad Cat Scan
Status: Variable Full Time
Situated in theheart of St. Cloud, Florida, Orlando Health St. Cloud Hospital (formerly St.Cloud Regional Medical Center) has served the residents of the surroundingOsceola County communities for more than 50 years. As a community hospital,Orlando Health St. Cloud provides quality, compassionate healthcare in afriendly, comfortable setting and convenient location.
An 84-bed, acutecare hospital, Orlando Health St. Cloud offers comprehensive emergency,inpatient and outpatient care, with specialties including cardiology, criticalcare, infectious disease, orthopedics, radiology and full surgical servicesplus outpatient Rehabilitation Services and a Wound Healing & HyperbaricCenter. Our expert medical team includes skilled, board-certified physicians representinga broad range of medical and surgical specialties to provide for all yourhealthcare needs.
The CT Technologist provides quality patient care when performing diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention while adhering to radiation safety principles.
Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Valid Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
- Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complimentary to quality care.
- Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures.
- Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
- Adheres to Orlando Health mission statements and commitment to excellence standards.
- Assesses the patients physical condition and age specific needs.
- Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
- Performs proper patient identification, acquires patients clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented.
- Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
- Assesses diagnostic images for technical quality, proper annotation and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
- Applies principles of radiation safety to minimize exposure to patients, self, and others.
- Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality Control tasks.
- Demonstrates proficiency in contrast medication administration with and without use of power injectors.
- Administers medical aid as required in cases of adverse reaction to contrast medication and/or other emergencies
- Applies appropriate standard precautions and personal protective equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
- Assists in supervision of student technologists and training of new technologists.
ADDRESS: 2906 17th Street St. Cloud FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.