Registered Nurse - Antepartum Special Care - WPH
Department: WPH Antepartum Special Care
Status: Variable Full Time
The Registered Nurse (RN) administers direct bedside patient care in a hospital setting.
- For Team Members hired into this job prior to January 1, 2020: Graduate of an approved school of nursing; BSN or current national certification in area of practice required.
- Effective January 1, 2020: New Hires and Team Members moved into this job and/or transferring Depts. must obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement.
Maintains current Florida RN license and BLS/Healthcare Provider certification. ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas. NRP required for Neonatal Intensive care Unit (NICU). (See unit specific requirements for specialty certification).
Two (2) years of hospital experience required. Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required. Able to meet job duties of a Clinical Nurse II. Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
- Assess patients needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patients progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit/ department.
- Serves as a preceptor, charge nurse, unit educator, and/ or nurse clinician.
- Communicates and collaborates with medical staff and interdisciplinary team to effectively plan and manage the unit/ department.
- Serves as a role model for staff and supports the hospital and nursing departments goals and strategies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to: patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients rights.
- Collaborates with the education department and nursing leadership team to effectively transition, and support new team members and or students.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates and may lead process improvement activities in their department.
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Partners with the nursing leadership team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 83 W. Miller St (WPH) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.