IT Systems Engineer
IT Systems Engineer
Pay Grade: 041
Progressive Home is growing and were looking for talented people to join our team. We offer the confidence and stability that comes with working for a successful and growing organization. Voted one of the top Tampa Bay employers for the past 8 years, our commitment does not stop with our employees, but carries through with our community involvement. Whether youre searching for a new job or are interested in continuing your career, Progressive Home may be that perfect place for you.
As a Systems Engineer you will be a part of the team supporting the core infrastructure of our business. You will be responsible for configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining systems while adhering to security requirements and best practices. Additionally, you will create and update documentation based on your work.
Essential Job Functions
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills and enjoy working as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team.
- Troubleshoots and repairs infrastructure defects that affect system performance and availability without disrupting production. Responds to users regarding abnormal system operations.
- Troubleshoots intermediate type issues and/or problems while adhering to standard incident management processes.
- Researches customer questions and/or issues, which may include corresponding with customers, calling vendors for assistance, or escalating the problem to another group within IT.
- Makes recommendations for solutions, and resolves problems within service level agreement (SLA).
- Monitors the infrastructure and processes in order to identify areas for improvement.
- Makes recommendations for configuration changes to system infrastructure and processes as needed to ensure service level agreements are met.
- Creates and maintains documentation knowledge based articles (KBA) to support processes
- Provides on the job training and coaching less experienced staff members and interns
- Assists in the cross training of lower level staff by developing course content and instructing ITUPO training.
- Participates in the business recovery and continuity processes, which may include working with others to test processes, and exercising the processes.
- Participates in project work surrounding production readiness to maintain and enhance assigned platforms.
- Occasional travel
- Evening/night hours may be required; Weekend hours may be required, holiday hours may be required and on-call hours may be required.
- Associate's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or related field of study and a minimum of two years working with operating system hardware and/or software components in a large IT environment with many categories of devices, infrastructures and operating systems.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of four years related experience working with operating system hardware and/or software components in a large IT environment with many categories of devices, infrastructures and operating systems may be accepted.
- Knowledge of IT operations, such as operating systems components, utilities, production schedulers and system environment hardware components (e.g., CPU, disk and tape technologies)
- Knowledge of computer coding/programming languages and software development concepts
- Knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
- Basic knowledge of various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOX or similar standards
- Basic knowledge of vendor software integration and interaction patterns
- Technical problem solving skills with the ability to find successful resolutions for issues of basic to moderate complexity.
- Organization skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
- Ability to analyze data from various sources and determine next actions
- Knowledge of information systems and IT operations, such as Windows operating systems components, navigation tools, common hardware and software related concepts
- Customer service orientation and the ability to translate technical information into understandable terms for a variety of audiences
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Strong experience with Windows Server
- Knowledge of SCCM and/or WSUS
- Proficient in ESXi
- Skilled in creating Visio diagrams
- Experience with Splunk or PRTG is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Annual Gainshare bonus based on company performance, up to 24% of salary
- 401k which includes dollar-for-dollar company match of up to 6% that is 100% vested
- Dedication to work/life balance which includes flexible work arrangements
- Dynamic culture that encourages engagement, supports Employee Resource Groups, values your input and embraces a relaxed atmosphere
- Onsite gym and wellness programs with discounts & rewards
- Paid training, tuition assistance and career development.
- Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
- Healthcare standard benefits (medical, dental, vision)
** Sponsorship is not available for this position.**