Clinical Coordinator - Neuro ICU - Day
Department: Neuro ICU
Status: Full Time
The Clinical Coordinator provides accountability and coordination for his/her area of responsibility.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing. BSN required.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements and performance competencies for Orlando Health and unit/department.
Current RN license in the State of Florida renewed every two years. Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
Three (3) years experience in nursing, to include two years clinical experience.
- Collaborates with appropriate outlying facilities and agencies to ensure protocols are aligned with evidence based guidelines.
- Provides a safe and clean environment.
- Participates in budget preparations and committee functions as assigned.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution utilizing evidenced based practice.
- Serves as a role model demonstrating appropriate knowledge and expertise in regard to patient care.
- Functions as a patient advocate while collaborating with the multidisciplinary team.
- Maintains focus on the educational growth of patients/families, team members and self.
- The clinical coordinator must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span
and implement interventions as appropriate while being sensitive to cultural needs.
- Promotes collaboration within the organization by participating in departmental and hospital programs, committees and special
- Complies with all regulatory and accrediting requirements.
- Ensures that safety, health, and regulatory standards are attained in the practice of area of responsibility.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Plan and coordinates process improvement activities.
- Functions as the corporate liaison between Administration, medical staff and team members.
- Responsible for staff development, identification of risk management issues, policies, guidelines, safety and infection control issues and monitoring of staff attendance at mandatory meetings.
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets data.
- Proficient in building interpersonal relationships through the use of excellent communication skills and team building strategies.
- The clinical coordinator is able to provide the care needed as described in the departments policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 701 6th Street South St. Petersburg FL 33701
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.