Departmental IS Consultant I (First-Full Time), Care Management Administration at Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion Osceola - req22116
The Departmental Information Systems Consultant I coordinates a variety of routine to moderately complex departmental - level information technology activities.
Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Business Administration, or a related clinical or healthcare field.
- Two (2) years of directly related information/computer technology experience may substitute for the Associates degree
(in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section)
Two years experience in department-specific processes to include familiarity with information technologies or computer systems in the functional area of the department. Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office applications.
- Assists departmental team members with optimal use of information systems.
- Recommends system usage improvements to enhance departmental workflow and efficiency.
- Develops and executes functional system test plans.
- Develops functional specifications for system change requests.
- Prepares the department for system upgrades or maintenance.
- Performs occasional informal end user system training.
- Prepares routine to moderately complex custom reports using system vendor - supplied or supported exclusive of native SQL report writing tools.
- Develops non- networked worksheets and databases using Microsoft Office tools, limited to purposes of individual user productivity improvement or departmental file - sharing.
- Participates in system implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and problem resolution as a subject matter expert under the lead of or in conjunction with Information Services.
- Supports end users regarding system problems, requests, and/or help as agreed upon with Information Services.
- Participates in information technology vendor contract negotiations under the lead of Information Services.
- Monitors system performance and reports problems to Information
- Services for subsequent vendor follow - up if/as necessary.
- Serves as the department's information technology liaison to Information Services.
- Reviews information technologies for future departmental use in conjunction with the Information Services consultant.
- Participates in formal software and technology selection as a functional subject matter expert under the lead of the
Information Services consultant.
- Participates in vendor user panels or advisory groups as a subject matter expert.
ADDRESS: 102 W. Pineloch (also the Learning Center) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.