Endoscopy Tech - ORMC Endoscopy - Day
Location: Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC)
Address: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL
Department: ORMC Endoscopy
Status: Variable Full Time
Endoscopy technicians assists physicians with endoscopic examinations. They interact with patients, prepare the examination room and the equipment, provide support to physicians and nurses while the procedure is underway, handle specimens collected, and sterilize equipment.
Top Reasons to Choose Orlando Health:
- Competitive Pay: Evening, nights, and weekend shift differentials offered for qualifying positions.
- Professional Growth: Promotional opportunities available as team members gain experience in laboratory.
- Employee-centric: Orlando Health has been selected as one of the 2019 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
- Committed to Community: Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider Certification
- One year of clinical experience
- Labels and sends specimens to proper department/location for analysis.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient status, technical equipment, or unit concerns to necessary healthcare workers.
- Prepares procedure area and equipment for procedure.
- Maintains, cleans, and stores endoscopic equipment and supplies.
- Reprocesses Flexible Endoscopes according to policy.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.