LPN - Perioperative Anesthesia - Varies Shift
Location: Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC)
Address: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL
Department: ORMC Anesthesia Supplies
Status: Variable Full Time
The LPN Perioperative Anesthesia provides patient care assistance and support in a perioperative setting based on identified needs.
Graduate from an approved school of practical nursing. Successful completion of a 30 hour approved IV therapy course.
Current LPN license in the State of Florida renewed every two years. Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
- Demonstrates through clinical practice a clear understanding of aseptic technique and has a working knowledge of the specialized equipment and supplies utilized by the Anesthesiologist/CRNA/SRNA.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards and recommended practices for the perioperative setting. Shares own knowledge with colleagues.
- Provides anesthesia equipment and supplies based on identified needs in a timely, efficient, and safe manner.
- Assists anesthesia personnel with the administration of general, spinal, and regional anesthesia.
- Sets up all invasive monitoring lines as requested by anesthesia personnel. Under the direction of the
- Anesthesiologist/CRNA/SRNA, runs point of care labs and diagnostics, completing all required Point Of Care (P.O.C.) documentation.
- Works closely with anesthesia staff during anesthesia emergencies and trauma cases; assisting with preparation of the O.R. suite, line placement, handling of blood and lab draws and patient positioning for procedure.
- Troubleshoots and cares for all equipment used in the delivery of anesthesia care.
- Receives, sorts, decontaminates, and cleans reusable anesthesia equipment.
- Maintains and insures adequate inventory levels of anesthesia supplies in departmental service areas.
- Assists with positioning the patient according to operating room policy and procedure, and transport post-operatively to the PACU or unit in a safe and caring manner for the patient.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding the patient condition to the Anesthesiologist/CRNA/SRNA and other members of healthcare team.
- Contributes to the departments effectiveness by reporting to duty on time, adhering to policy concerning break and lunch, and completing assigned duties in a efficient, effective, and timely manner.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Other Related Functions
- Participates in nursing performance improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Practices efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized unit.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on the assigned unit; principles of growth and development over the life span. Assesses data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units/areas/departments policies and procedures. Preserves and protects the confidentiality, autonomy, dignity and rights of the patient.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.