Maintenance Mechanic - SLH Engineering Dept - First
Department: SOLK Engineering/Maint
Status: Full Time
Performs diverse dutiesincluding emergency and preventive maintenance of electrical distribution,mechanical, HVAC, power generation, plumbing, pneumatic tube system, medicalgas systems, and building structures, as well as fulfill the requirements ofvarious departments.
- Workswith other trades as assigned.
- Collaborateswith outside contractors as job permits.
- Workswithin the OSHA safety standards.
- Requisitionsrelevant supplies and tools.
- Solicitsassistance of other Engineering department personnel for the efficientcompletion of assignments.
- Performsroutine and emergency repair and maintenance on structures and equipment inassigned areas.
- Assistsother engineering trades as required by workload or emergency situations,including inclement weather conditions.
- Detectsand reports faulty equipment, improper operations, or unusual conditions toproper supervisor.
- Assistsin maintaining records to ensure compliance with state, federal, and JointCommission regulations.
- Coordinates,conducts, and documents all fire and life safety measures throughout thefacility, including fire inspections, and procedure in conjunction with theSafety and Security departments.
- Trainsother engineers in specific skills and conducts in-services as required.
- Maintainsequipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Followsall standards and prescribed safety regulations, including responding to CodeCalls.
- Performsminor repairs from verbal or written requests.
- Maintainsreasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Healthpolicies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with allOrlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participatesin scheduled department meetings.
- Maintainsthe confidentiality and security of all data and information relating to thefacility, medical staff and patients.
- Abidesby all relevant facility policies and procedures.
- This position requires trainingin the following areas: blood-borne pathogens, fire safety, right-to-know, andchemical hygiene, and infection control.
High school graduate orequivalent.
Three (3)years experience required involving trade applications or mechanical work toinclude automotive, industrial or hospitality. One (1) year experience requiredif a trade or vocational school graduate non trade specific.
ADDRESS: 1900 Don Wickham Drive Clermont FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.