Pharmacy Systems Specialist - ORMC Inpatient Pharmacy - Varies Shift
Location: Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC)
Address: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL
Department: ORMC Pharmacy Services
Status: Variable Full Time
The Pharmacy Systems Specialist is responsible for maintenance and improvement of the automated medication distribution system.
Top Reasons to Choose Orlando Health:
- Competitive Pay: Evening, nights, and weekend shift differentials offered for qualifying positions.
- Employee-centric: Orlando Health has been selected as one of the 2019 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
- Committed to Community: Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Maintains current registration with the Florida State Board of Pharmacy
- Two (2) years experience as a Certified Pharmacy Technician to include experience with pharmacy automation.
- Experience in MS office software including Word, Excel and Access.
- Under the supervision of the Pharmacy Manager or Operations Coordinator, the Pharmacy Systems Specialist is responsible for oversight of all Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets (ADC) formularies, file maintenance, security access, unit overrides, and discrepancies.
- Coordinates QA testing and documentation of ADC application enhancements.
- Coordinates the implementation of new ADC units and moves of current ADC units.
- Responsible for the ADC training for all Pharmacy Department staff.
- Involved in coordinating development and presentation of ADC in-services for Pharmacy and Nursing personnel.
- Serves as liaison between Nursing and Pharmacy regarding ADC issues and problems.
- Responsible for completion of ADC advanced level training.
- Responsible for maintenance of Pharmacy Systems equipment and technologies as assigned.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.