Registered Nurse RN 24/7 - South Lake Hosp - Emergency Dept - Varied Shifts
Department: SOLK Emergency Svcs
Status: Pool/Per Diem
The Registered Nurse provides direct bedside patient care on a unit that regularly staffs RNs on a 24-hour, 7 days per week basis.
- Associate of Science in Nursing degree (ASN). For RNs hired prior to January 1, 2020: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: New Hires and TMs who have not previously worked at the RN II level placed in this job on or after June 28, 2020 must obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing educational.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
- BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
- ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas. NRP required for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). (See unit-specific requirements for specialty certification).
Based on area of assignment, two years of RN experience may be required.
- Assesses patient needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patients progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Prescribes, delegates, coordinates, and documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner including, but not limited to, patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients and family.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patients rights, and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized unit.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
ADDRESS: 1900 Don Wickham Drive Clermont FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.