Westminster Winter Park, beautiful senior living community, is seeking to fill a full-time Registered Nurse position. This position provides direct nursing care to residents and supervises the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants in accordance with state and federal standards. This is a first shift opportunity in Winter Park.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards, and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and its communities.
- Assist in planning resident care by following physician orders.
- Implement resident care based on physician orders.
- Evaluate care and communicate with doctors for updates of orders.
- Administer medication, IVs, give shots, update patient records, provide emotional support, patient education, basic diagnostics, and other patient procedures for residents.
- Receive and transcribe orders from attending physicians.
- Monitor blood glucose, temperature, and blood pressure when necessary.
- Respond to all emergencies.
- Schedule doctors appointments and coordinate transportation for the residents. Includes scheduling labs and transcribing lab results.
- Supervise CNA's and LPNs as Charge Nurse ensure they are providing resident care based on physician orders, and the defined care plans.
Education: Must be currently licensed in the State of Florida as a Registered Nurse. Must be CPR Certified.
Experience: One year of long term care desirable. Med-Surg, Home Health experience helpful experience working with the elderly, disabled or developmentally disabled adults preferred. Will train on-the- job in lieu of above experience.