License Practical Nurse (LPN) - Health Central Emergency Room - PRN/FIRST
Department: OHC EMERGENCY ROOM
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Health Central Hospital, a part of Orlando Health, is one of central Florida's most progressive healthcare providers. Located in Ocoee/Winter Garden just minutes from Orlando, our facility features a unique design, 212-bed acute care hospital, as well as an Emergency Department. Health Central Hospitals commitment, attitude and actions reflect 60 years of service to its surrounding communities and neighbors.
- Graduate from an approved school of practical nursing.
- Successful completion of a 30 hour approved IV therapy course.
- Current LPN license in the State of Florida renewed every two years. Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
- Demonstrates competency in advanced practical nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding the patients condition to the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patient and family.
- Assumes an active role in keeping informed about changes in hospital policy, procedure and equipment. Participates in nursing PI activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on the assigned unit.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units/areas/departments policies and procedures.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Practices efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized unit.
ADDRESS: 10000 West Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.