Plumber, Maintenance Mechanic- Bayfront Plant Ops - Day
Department: Plant Operations and Main
Status: Full Time
Bayfront Health St. Petersburg is a 480-bed tertiary care center equipped to provide comprehensive medical and surgical care. The hospital offers many areas of expertise, including surgery and trauma, neuroscience, cardiology, acute rehabilitation and obstetrics. The hospital has a 38-bed neurosciences unit with a dedicated neurology team consisting of board-certified neuroscience specialists and physicians with subspecialty expertise in stroke, epilepsy and Parkinsons disease, and includes a Level IV Epilepsy Center. In partnership with Johns Hopkins All Childrens Hospital, Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Baby Place offers full obstetrical services and is a Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center, one of only 12 in Florida. The hospital also is home to the Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Cardiac Cath Lab, located in the James Heart Center, which offers a full range of cardiovascular care and an on-site inpatient rehabilitation unit, as well as the nearby Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center.
The Maintenance Mechanic, Senior performs corrective, emergency and preventative maintenance of electrical distribution, mechanical, HVAC, power generation, plumbing, medical gas systems, and building structures as required.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Five (5) years experience in healthcare or similar environments as a maintenance mechanic. Two (2) years of experience is required if a trade or vocational school graduate.
- Responsible for inspection, calibration, adjusting, lubricating and repairing or replacing components as necessary.
- Completes assigned preventative maintenance work orders on utilities equipment components promptly and accurately such as replacing filters, lubricating motors and pumps, adjusting belts, and cleaning contacts, etc.
- Submits all required documentation to supervisor in a timely and accurate manner, including completed work orders.
- Maintains records of maintenance repairs. Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Assist other Engineering personnel as needed in major repair or installation assignments.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet priority schedules.
- Assists in maintaining records to ensure compliance with state, federal and Joint Commission regulations.
- Coordinates, conducts, and documents all fire and life safety measures throughout the facility, including fire inspections, and procedures in conjunction with Safety and Security departments.
- Trains other Engineers and General mechanics in specific skills and conduct in-services as required.
- Participates and employs behavior that promotes teamwork to achieve department goals.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Maintains established hospital and department policies, procedures, objectives, Quality Assurance, Safety and Infection Control activities.
- Attends in-services and meetings as required.
- Maintains all records and Information pertinent to work assignments.
- Keeps work area orderly, clean and safe.
- Learns and increases skills on various equipment and systems.
ADDRESS: 701 6th Street South St. Petersburg FL 33701
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.