MRI Technologist Per Diem - Varies Shift
Department: STC MRI
Status: Pool/Per Diem
- Graduate of accredited school of Radiology Technology
- Valid Certification Radiology Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
- Valid American Registry of Radiology Technologist (AART) certification and
- Maintain current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
Provides quality patient care when performing diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interoperation and/or intervention while adhering to MRI safety principles
- Performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy and/or physiology for interpretation and /or intervention.
- Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complimentary to quality care.
- Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
- Adheres to Orlando Health mission statements and commitment to excellence standards.
- Assesses the patients physical condition and age specific needs
- Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
- Performs proper patient identification, acquires patients clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented.
- Positions patient, equipment, associated devised, and manipulated technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
- Assesses diagnostic images for technical quality, proper annotation, and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
- Applies principles of MRI safety to patients, self, and others.
- Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality Control tasks.
- Demonstrates proficiency in contrast medication administration with and without use of power injectors.
- Administers medical aid as required in cases of adverse reactions to contrast medication and/or other emergencies.
- Applies appropriate standard precautions and personal protective equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
- Assists in supervision of student technologists and training of new technologists.
- Utilizes all Corporate Radiology computer systems effectively and accurately.
- Ensures safety of all customers.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 2906 17th Street St. Cloud FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.