Pharmacy Technician - Day
Status: Full Time
A Pharmacy Technician assists with operational and all distribution responsibilities as they are related to Pharmacy Technician functions including Orlando Health software and hardware systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Additional training in chemotherapy, automated dispensing cabinets and any other program deemed necessary.
- Maintains current registration with the Florida State Board of Pharmacy
- One (1) year of experience as a pharmacy technician or completion of an accredited technician training program.
- Demonstrates an understanding of safety, emergency and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the hospital mission, personnel policies, philosophy, goals, customer service, and objectives of Pharmacy and Orlando Health.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the general duties and processes of the Pharmacy department.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and utilize resource persons and departments for customer service and patient care, based upon need, availability and responsibility of resources.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate the equipment required for pharmacy procedures, consistent with operating instructions, safety regulations and policy and procedures.
- Performs the basic Pharmacy Technician procedures required by the assigned area consistent with scientific principles and Orlando Health policy and procedures.
- Performs the basic buyer procedures including drug procurement required by the department and consistent with departmental principles and Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Accurately assists the Pharmacist in all duties pertaining to the medication distribution including proper aseptic techniques for admixture of various types of medication and functionally performing tasks / procedures associated with automated dispensing cabinets.
- Maintains USP 797 standards and other regulatory required logs.
- Maintains safe handling and proper disposal requirements.
- Depending on the needs of the department, may be responsible for maintaining controlled substance vault and perpetual inventory and other documentation files.
- Depending on the needs of the site, may be responsible for coordination and completion of training for all new Pharmacy Technicians.
- Depending on the needs of the department, may become cross trained to perform basic functions of specialty pharmacy technician(s).
- Depending on the needs of the department, may assist supervisor with technician scheduling.
- Responsible for special project completion as assigned.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Attends in-services/meetings as required.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Completes all Orlando Health mandatory education.
ADDRESS: 701 6th Street South St. Petersburg FL 33701
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.