Orlando Health is seeking a Physician Coder II , as a physician coder for Orlando Health you will accurately and efficiently accesses all information systems to secure and assemble all necessary physician records in order to accuratelycode professional physician and/or physician extender services.
- Reviews medical records and codes physician services utilizing official classification systems.
- Verifies billable physician services by reviewing physician documentation for adherence to the "Physician at Teaching Hospital" rules set forth by the federal government.
- Submits to their Senior Coder any issues or trends found within the documentation of a particular healthcare provider for evaluation and follow up.
- Collaborates with members of the specialty team to consistently monitor financial goals within their specialty in order to satisfy corporate goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of coding certificate program required.
- computer/typing literacy, knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Medical terminology required.
- Thorough knowledge of CPT, ICD coding as evidenced by results of coding skills test of 75% or better.
Licensure/Certification: One of the following national certifications:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through the American Academy of Professional Coders renewed every year.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) renewed every year.
- Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) renewed every year.
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) renewed every year.
One year certified coding or billing experience in professional or physician practice coding.
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.