Radiology Imaging Support Specialist (Pool/Per Diem) - Dr. Phillips Radiology - Days
Department: DPH Radiology
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (formerly Orlando Regional Sand LakeHospital) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents ofSouthwest Orange County and Orlandos growing tourist population. In additionto a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P.Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging,cardiovascular catheterization and angiography.
Specializein Unparalleled Patient Care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. With an internationalreputation for highly specialized care and state-of-the-art medicine, Dr. P.Phillips Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service medical/surgical facility servingthe needs of Southwest Orange County residents. In addition to being supportedby a team of outstanding nurse leaders, top-quality support staff and world-renownedphysicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will take your skills and capabilitiesfurther with the latest tools and resources, as well as leading-edge technologyin diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. Here, wehave built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the bestprofessionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes.
The Radiology Imaging Support Specialist is responsible for accessing, managing and distributing radiology images and data to all of our customers.
Weekdays Dayshift: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays (700-1600hrs)
High school graduate or equivalent.
Two (2) years of clerical or customer service experience.
- Sorts, filters, opens and closes images from a patient list within a distribution median and/or an archive.
- Scans, transmits, archives, and manipulates film images whenever needed.
- Opens, reads and burns images to a CD for patient or physician release.
- Performs data integrity and validation of transferred/copied images to ensure no data loss has occurred.
- Learns and maintains proficiency in all existing and new image and data retrieval and distribution medians such as RIS, HIS, PACS, CR and Image Workstations.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of policies, system problem resolution techniques, and system downtime processes.
- Understands departments and hospital systems and operations, how they correlate and interface to other services and systems provided by OH and other facilities and the impact on our customers.
- Resolves conflicts within the team and provides service recovery for our customers.
- Understands HIPAA regulations and applies such concepts as applicable to the exchange of confidential information.
- May be required to perform basic systems administration functions such as calibration and action log analyses.
- When needed, will be required to become an active team leader in order to maintain constant work-flow and team cohesiveness.
- May be required to participate in training sessions and/or work-shops regarding technology changes and/or new innovations; and to train others.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.