Radiology Technologist - Horizon West Radiology - Third Shift
Department: Horizon West Radiology
Status: Variable Full Time
HealthCentral Hospital, a part of Orlando Health, is one of central Florida'smost progressive healthcare providers. Located in Ocoee/Winter Garden justminutes from Orlando, our facility features a unique design, 212-bed acute carehospital, as well as an Emergency Department. Health Central Hospitalscommitment, attitude and actions reflect 60 years of service to its surroundingcommunities and neighbors.
The Radiology Technologist performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention.
Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Valid Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
- Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- Performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention.
- Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complimentary to quality care.
- Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures.
- Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
- Adheres to policy, procedures, protocols and mission statements.
- Assess the patient physical condition, age and specific needs.
- Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
- Acquires patients clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented.
- Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
- Assesses processed radiographs for technical quality, proper annotation, and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
- Applies principles of radiation safety to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
- Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality control tasks.
- Demonstrates proficiency in contrast medication injection.
- Administers medical aid as required in cases of adverse reactions to contrast medication and/or other emergencies.
- Applies sterile techniques to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
- Assists in supervision of student technologists.
- Utilizes Corporate Radiology computer systems effectively and accurately.
- Ensures safety of patients.
- Maintains reasonable regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 10000 West Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.