Graduate Nurse Hiring Event - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital - October 22nd 1:00-3:00 pm
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (formerly Orlando Regional Sand Lake Hospital) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents of Southwest Orange County and Orlandos growing tourist population. In addition to a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography.
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will be hosting a Graduate Nurse interview hiring event on Thursday, October 22nd from 1:00 pm-3:00 pm.
Location of Hiring Event
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital Main Entrance
9400 Turkey Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819
We will be hiring several Graduate Nurses to begin employment on November 9th.
November 9th-13th will be New Hire and Corporate Clinical Orientation from approximately 8 am-5 pm.
Then the following week, graduate nurses will begin their 6 week Dr. P. Phillips Hospital Cohort together. At the completion of the 6 weeks, graduate nurses will have an opportunity to join any one of our Medical/Surgical units according to operational need and the desired shift of the nurse.
Candidates interested in meeting with our Nursing Leaders on October 22nd for consideration to be part of our elite Medical/Surgical Cohort, please email resume, RN license, diploma/or transcripts, and BLS to Charity.Thalacker@Orlandohealth.com.
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital Medical/Surgical Cohort is asite-specific and innovative enhancement to the Orlando Health Nurse ResidencyProgram. We offer a unique and agile onboarding experience within all theMed/Surg Areas: 4B, 5B, 6B, and 5A. Our 6-week cohort offers our new hires a structured trainingexperience while fostering meaningful collaboration amongst themselves as wellas with their preceptors and RN leadership. They will learn each unitsprocesses and patient flow to have a clear understanding of Dr. P. PhillipsHospital. They will have opportunities to ask questions, completecompetencies and receive targeted and meaningful feedback in real-time. This encompassing 2-way engagement fosters a culture of professional growth andpromotes agility. Our shared governance approach during these 6 weekswill provide a dedicated Learning Specialist designed to focus on EHRnavigation, competency management, admission and discharge process. Atthe completion of the orientation they will have an opportunity to join one ofour Medical/Surgical units according to operational need and the desired shift of thenurse.
The type of candidate that we are searching for is eager todevelop their clinical assessment skills as well as highlight their own skillsin communication and teamwork. They will exhibit positivity and a passion tolearn and grow professionally. They will welcome and embrace change and can easilyadapt and get excited when something new is presented. Dr.P. Phillips Hospital is also proud to be on the Magnet Journey, the highestaward for Nursing Excellence! DPH has submitted their Magnet document inOctober 2020 and will be designated in 2022 as a Magnet facility. Yourrole as a registered nurse will contribute to this journey to Nursing Excellence!
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in a hospital setting.
- For Team Members hired into this job prior to January 1, 2020: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Effective January 1, 2020: New Hires and Team Members moved into this job and/or transferring Depts. must obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
- Maintains current Florida RN license and BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
- ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas.
- Twelve months hospital RN experience required. Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required. Able to meet job duties of Clinical Nurse I. Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
- Assesses patients needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patients progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients rights.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.