Environmental Housekeeper - Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
Responsible for the daily operation of the Xenex disinfection device in patient and non-patient areas.
- Operates the Xenex disinfection touch-free device in patient areas, occupied patient restrooms, operating rooms, and ancillary rooms following proper operating and safety procedures.
- Assists Environmental Workers when needed in performing 7-step patient room cleaning and trains team members on cleaning procedures as needed\
- Adhere to and train team members to effectively communicate with patients, visitors and customers using appropriate designated scripting and engagement techniques.
- Takes a proactive approach to maintaining the identified patient and non-patient areas that need attention in order to be compliant with all mandated and regulatory agency requirements.
- Reports defective or unsafe equipment to the appropriate department and is responsible for transporting broken items to the appropriate designated locations so as to expedite repairs
- Maintains work area in a safe manner by utilizing appropriate safety systems to protect patients, guests, and team members.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment in a clean and functional condition at all times
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Must have a good working knowledge of computer systems to include Microsoft Office programs, Bed Management System or other related computer systems used in the daily functions of the department.
- Adheres to all Standards of Precaution, SDS and Hand Hygiene directives.
- Collects and disposes of regular and bio-medical waste.
- Must complete all mandatory training as designated and required. Attendance of in-services as required.
- Participates in departmental quality assurance and improvement activities as appropriate.
- Must be able to maintain productivity and volume standards established for the assigned facility.
- Keeps current with all policies and procedures of the hospital and the department.
- Possesses the necessary skills to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers, write simple correspondence, and respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Must have good working knowledge and be capable of accessing and using all department related computer systems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must complete required mandatory educational training. Completion of Xenex certification within 30 days of hire.
- One (1) year of Customer Service experience in a related field and One (1) year of Environmental Services.