If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
Advises students/graduates and partners with them in preparing for pursuit of the entertainment or media industry for which they have trained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Business Team Manager
Advises students/graduates in policies and procedures of the Career Development Department
- Meets with students/graduates in Career Advisory Interviews
- Educates and assists candidate graduates with career search practices, including: presentation skills, conducting research, resume review, cover letter writing, LinkedIn profile updates, developing telephone and interviewing skills, social media presence and professionalism and industry etiquette
Coordinates graduate resumes to appropriate employer leads
- Documents all conversations (personal, telephone, email and social media)
- Communicates and delegates assignments to the assistant
Provides accurate statistical information for the yearly accreditation and participates in all aspects of the annual campaign
- Organizes and develops resources for industry research
Develops outreach practices to assist graduate networking
- May attend industry events and presentations
- Duties and assignments as assigned by Career Development Director, Associate Director and Team Manager.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to handle adverse situations
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to professionally and patiently navigate through a collective decision-making process that may include several layers of permission and supervisors
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Move with compassion and respect, while maintaining a positive attitude at all times
- Working knowledge of and/or experience in music business
- Working knowledge of computers and Internet researching
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Prior experience in the Music Business
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Google Docs, DropBox, GoTo Training. Mac OS proficiency preferred.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Employee must work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Physical requirements include the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.