If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
Perform real-time captioning services and post-production transcription services for students with hearing impairments. Hours will vary and will not exceed 20 hours/week. Work hours are as-needed for live lectures, which can occur between the hours of 9:00 a.m. 9:00 p.m. Monday-Saturday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform live captioning services through Zoom for students with hearing impairments.
- Perform live captioning services in the classroom for students with hearing impairments.
- Proof-read and edit archived transcripts from Zoom lectures for dispersal to students with hearing impairments.
- Assist with editing of pre-recorded YouTube tutorials as time allows and as requested by Faculty.
- Maintain the integrity of the policies and procedures and ensure compliance with disability law (ADA and section 504).
- Document all interactions in regard to students. Maintain records and data integrity in an organized fashion, so that all parties inquiring about students may be kept informed of current situations. Read documentation when investigating a students situation, so communication is maintained.
- Consult with Student Success Services team regarding student issues.
- Keep abreast of the latest research on captioning and CART technology.
- Other duties to support the daily operations of Student Success Services.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of company, personnel and student information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use good time management
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong attention to detail
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 3 years experience in transcription or captioning.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.