Heart Failure Nurse Navigator - OHHI CVI Heart Failure Clinic
Department: OHHI CVI Heart Failure Clinic
Status: Full Time
Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital is one of central Florida's most progressive healthcare providers. Located in Ocoee/Winter Garden just minutes from Orlando, our facility features a unique design, 212-bed acute care hospital, as well as an Emergency Department. Health Central Hospitals commitment, attitude and actions reflect 60 years of service to its surrounding communities and neighbors.
Health Central is seeking an Heart Failure Nurse Navigator for its OHHI CVI Heart Failure Clinic department on the First shift that will leverage best practices and evidence-based guidelines to deliver high quality, efficient, consistent, and coordinated care to patients diagnosed with heart failure, in collaboration with multidisciplinary clinical teams and partnered organizations and services. We are undergoing tremendous growth; this excellent opportunity provides a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Maintains current State of Florida RN license or valid eNLC multistate RN license.
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- Heart Failure certification (CHFN) required within one (1) year of placement into role.
- Three (3) years of experience as a registered nurse, including two (2) years in an acute care, hospital setting.
- Must meet unit specific performance competencies and may be required to take specialty courses or training to qualify.
- Compile and analyze data used to identify hospitalized acute and chronic heart failure patients, and distribute such patient lists to other departments to encourage data consistency and promote multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Provide detailed and contemporary education and discharge materials tailored specifically to patient needs via booklets, videos, classes, and other channels, as necessary, to educate heart failure patients, their families, and their caregivers.
- Demonstrate the highest levels of compassion, nursing skill, and technical competency in all patent interactions.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with patients to foster patient engagement and drive treatment compliance.
- Document patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards.
- Perform assessments of patient needs, available resources, precipitating factors, and educational opportunities to develop/revise individualized care plans, and to evaluate patient progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Determine and anticipate post-acute patient needs, including services such as home health support, durable medical equipment, and REACH Team/Social Services to maximize care outcomes across the care continuum.
Other Related Functions
- Proficient in building interpersonal relationships through the use of excellent communication skills and team building strategies.
- Practice effective problem identification and resolution utilizing evidence-based practice.
- Respect diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Partner with the nursing leadership team to identify professional development needs. Comply with all regulatory and accrediting requirements
ADDRESS: 10000 West Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.