Inpatient Pharmacy Technician - Health Central Pharmacy - Per Diem
Location: Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital
Address: 10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
Status: Pool/Per Diem
A Pharmacy Technician assists with operational and all distribution responsibilities as they are related to Pharmacy Technician functions including Orlando Health software and hardware systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Additional training in chemotherapy, automated dispensing cabinets and any other program deemed necessary.
- Maintains current registration with the Florida State Board of Pharmacy
- One (1) year of experience as a pharmacy technician or completion of an accredited technician training program.
- IV experience preferred
- Demonstrates an understanding of safety, emergency and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the hospital mission, personnel policies, philosophy, goals, customer service, and objectives of Pharmacy and Orlando Health.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the general duties and processes of the Pharmacy department.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and utilize resource persons and departments for customer service and patient care, based upon need, availability and responsibility of resources.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate the equipment required for pharmacy procedures, consistent with operating instructions, safety regulations and policy and procedures.
- Performs the basic Pharmacy Technician procedures required by the assigned area consistent with scientific principles and Orlando Health policy and procedures.
- Performs the basic buyer procedures including drug procurement required by the department and consistent with departmental principles and Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Accurately assists the Pharmacist in all duties pertaining to the medication distribution including proper aseptic techniques for admixture of various types of medication and functionally performing tasks / procedures associated with automated dispensing cabinets.
- Maintains USP 797 standards and other regulatory required logs.
- Maintains safe handling and proper disposal requirements.
- Depending on the needs of the department, may be responsible for maintaining controlled substance vault and perpetual inventory and other documentation files.
- Depending on the needs of the site, may be responsible for coordination and completion of training for all new Pharmacy Technicians.
- Depending on the needs of the department, may become cross trained to perform basic functions of specialty pharmacy technician(s).
- Depending on the needs of the department, may assist supervisor with technician scheduling.
- Responsible for special project completion as assigned.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Attends in-services/meetings as required.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Completes all Orlando Health mandatory education.
Health CentralHospital, a part of Orlando Health,is one of central Florida's mostprogressive healthcare providers. Located in Ocoee/Winter Garden just minutesfrom Orlando, our facility features a unique design, 212-bed acute carehospital, as well as an Emergency Department. Health Central Hospitalscommitment, attitude and actions reflect 60 years of service to its surroundingcommunities and neighbors.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.