Invasive Specialist (Technologist), Cardiovascular Services - Day
Department: Cardio-Cath Lab
Status: Full Time
Performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention for cardiovascular procedures.
A graduate of an accredited school of Respiratory Care, Radiologic Technology, Cardiovascular Technology.
- Maintains current certification as a Rad Tech (RT); or
- Maintains current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT); or
- Maintains current Registered Cardiovascular Technician (RCVT); or
- Maintains current Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS); or
Cardiovascular Tech (CVT)
- Newly hired CVT graduates must take and pass the RCIS certification within 6 month of employment within Orlando Health. Failure to pass the RCIS certification will result in removal from the Invasive Specialist Tech position.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider and ACLS certification.
- PALS may be required depending on unit specific needs.
- Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures and protocols.
- Assesses the patients physical condition and age specific needs.
- Ensures that patient's education of procedure performed, needs, safety, and comfort are met while in their care.
- Acquires patients clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented. Verifies files and records for completeness and accuracy of the patient involved in studies. Archives and amends demographic information to appropriatestorage media
- Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
- Assesses processed image media for technical quality, and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
- When applicable, applies principals of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
- Provides physiological and hemodynamic monitoring during diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Supports the Physician as a scrub assistant for cardiovascular procedures.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Appraises and evaluates actual and potential hemostasis of a vessel post procedure.
- Locates, uses and troubleshoots complex technical equipment/instruments. Acts as a resource for its operation and training
- Maintains use of customer service skills in communication with all Orlando Health staff, visitors and co-workers.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels of supplies, equipment, resources tools and forms.
- Mentors or is a preceptor for new staff while maintaining high standards of patient care, documentation, and professionalism.
- Understands application and technical aspects of all equipment and supplies used in all procedures.
- Ensures case turnover time to be within established department standards by maintaining proper workflow and prioritizing optimize patient care.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patients rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Accountable for maintaining down time productivity.
- Notifies Biomed and/or vendor as appropriate to resolve the problem and report the incident to the supervisor.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills as required or will solicit supervisory input.
- Utilizes all department computer systems effectively and accurately.
- Assists in developing and implementing essential policy and procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all-procedural changes and equipment updates.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment. Maintains well stocked and organized work areas.
- Works evenings, weekends, holidays and call as scheduled.
- May be required to work at any ORH facility.
- Demonstrates efficient use of supplies.
- Assists with collection of QA data.
- Manages reportable occurrences and files appropriate forms with Risk Management.
- Implement established procedures for BSI.
- Participates in the process to ensure that all OSHA, JCAHO, FDA regulations are adhered to within the department.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education to maintain licensure.
ADDRESS: 701 6th Street South St. Petersburg FL 33701
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.