Pharmacist - UF Health Cancer Center Scripts Pharmacy - Pool
Location: Orlando Health Corporate
Address: 1400 S. Orange Ave. (UF Health Cancer Center at Orlando Health) Orlando FL
Department: UFHCCO OHScripts PHARMACY
Status: Pool/Per Diem
The Pharmacist performs the basic Pharmacist procedures required by the assigned area consistent with scientific principles and Orlando Health policy and procedures.
Pharmacy degree (Bachelor of Science or PharmD) required.
Must be licensed by the Florida Board of Pharmacy, renewed every two years.
- Demonstrates an understanding of safety, emergency and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the hospital mission, personnel policies, philosophy, goals and objectives of Pharmacy and Orlando Health.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the general duties of the Pharmacy department.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and utilize resource persons and departments for customer service and patient care.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate the equipment required for pharmacy procedures consistent with operating instructions, safety regulations and policy and procedures
- Dispenses medications and intravenous fluids utilizing the medication dispensing system according to scientific principles and Orlando Health policy and procedures.
- Documents on appropriate forms and in systems consistent with guidelines, defined standards of care and practice, and the quality improvements program.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the various computer systems or applications in operation in the department and at Orlando Health.
- Develops and demonstrates competency in all aspects of health-system pharmacy practice including pharmacotherapy, patient care, distributive services, drug information and practice management.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, execute and monitor pharmaceutical care plans.
- Develops and demonstrates the ability to perform pharmacotherapy and pharmacokinetics consultations.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Establishes and maintains an open communication process throughout the corporation that reaches patients, visitors, families, physicians and team members such that each feels that they are treated special each time they encounter Orlando Health.
- The Pharmacist staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units/areas/departments policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.