Radiology Tech, Lead - Bayfront Interventional Radiology - Day
Department: Interventional Radiology
Status: Full Time
Bayfront Health St. Petersburg is a 480-bed tertiary care center equipped to provide comprehensive medical and surgical care. The hospital offers many areas of expertise, including surgery and trauma, neuroscience, cardiology, acute rehabilitation and obstetrics. The hospital has a 38-bed neurosciences unit with a dedicated neurology team consisting of board-certified neuroscience specialists and physicians with subspecialty expertise in stroke, epilepsy and Parkinsons disease, and includes a Level IV Epilepsy Center. In partnership with Johns Hopkins All Childrens Hospital, Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Baby Place offers full obstetrical services and is a Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center, one of only 12 in Florida. The hospital also is home to the Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Cardiac Cath Lab, located in the James Heart Center, which offers a full range of cardiovascular care and an on-site inpatient rehabilitation unit, as well as the nearby Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center.
The Radiology Tech, Lead direct daily workflow and assists the Imaging Services Supervisor and Imaging Services Manager.
Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Valid Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
- Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare provider certification
- Six (6) months experience in Radiology.
- Assists with education and training of all team members.
- Directs and assists with daily workflow of the Imaging team to include patient flow, supply ordering, staff assignments, and resolution of customer service issues.
- Plans and prioritizes exam scheduling and processing that support the needs of the patients and physicians.
- Ensures images meet the established Quality Control standards.
- Assist manager in holdings self and team accountable for producing quality images, detailed documentation and charge management through the Quality Control Program.
- Provides input to supervisor for evaluations/coaching plans.
- Actively participates in departmental projects and process improvements initiatives.
- Utilizes all Corporate Radiology computer systems effectively and accurately.
- Demonstrates proficiency in contrast medication administration.
- Administers medical aid as required in cases of adverse reactions to contrast medication and/or other emergencies.
- Applies principles of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patients, self and others.
- Assists in supervision of student technologists.
- Ensures safety of all customers.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Maintains cleanliness and organization.
- Reports equipment issues to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains a cooperative work environment in the department and reports noncompliance to supervisor or manager.
- Maintains supply inventory for section, ordering additional supplies.
- Provides patient transport.
- May be required to work at any facility.
ADDRESS: 701 6th Street South St. Petersburg FL 33701
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.