Financial Consultant - Orlando Health Physician Group - Full Time - Orlando Health Medical Group
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Masters Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field may substitute for up to two (2) years of the required experience.
- Four (4) years of experience in financial analysis and planning, accounting, reimbursement, public accounting, philanthropic accounting/finance or consulting.
- Computer experience required with an emphasis on spreadsheet and database programs.
- Support business planning processes, the development of annual operating and capital budgets, accounting related business processes, financial reporting, decision support and cost accounting, regulatory filing or other similar finance and accounting related activities.
- Provide internal and external customers with accurate and timely data to support strategic decision making and compliance.
- Provide accurate internal and external financial accounting and reporting.
- Provide resources, project management, and specialized knowledge to assure effective and timely completion of projects.
Specialization in Strategic and Financial Planning:
- Develop and prepare financial and statistical reports to support leadership in business development, strategic planning and financial performance review.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining reporting to evaluate financial performance compared to key performance indicators.
- Develop and interpret reports to assist leadership with evaluation of trends and/or changes in business practice.
- Develop and prepare predictive models to assist management with the evaluation of changing regulatory and market forces.
Specialization in Accounting:
- Responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining accounting journal entries in the assigned area.
- Must maintain an understanding of current GAAP in the assigned area.
- Maintain assigned accounting related systems such as general ledger, fixed assets, and other applications, and related upgrade implementation planning, testing, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external individuals and firms that are the sources of necessary information used for in the preparation accounting entries in the assigned areas.
Specialization in Reimbursement:
- Provide ongoing financial oversight in reimbursement.
- Prepare and file annual cost reports.
- Coordinate the completion of all time studies, rotation schedules, bad debt logs, and concurrent nursery logs throughout the fiscal year that are used to complete the annual cost reports.
- Complete monthly close schedules and accounting journal entries, ensuring proper statement of contractual adjustments and third party receivables and payables.
Specialization in Fundraising and Planned Giving:
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all registration and filing requirements for new 501(c)3 organization.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of planned giving instruments and fiduciary responsibility requirements for stewardship and management of trust and life-income arrangements.
- Complete monthly close schedules and journal entries including allowances and reserves to properly state patient accounts receivable.
- Directs the financial and developmental IT system controls and practices to ensure timely financial and statistical reports to Directors, Foundation President, Board of Directors and others as needed.