Patient Food Hospitality Attendant - South Lake Hospital - Per Diem-Shift Varies
Department: SOLK Food and Nutrition
Status: Pool/Per Diem
The Patient Food Hospitality Attendant is at the forefront of customer service, providing Orlando Health patients and guests with service above and beyond expectations to ensure a memorable food and dining experience.
- Ability to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Displays excellent communication and customer service skills with patients, nursing staff and visitors.
- Responsible for delivery of the proper tray to the correct patient using proper customer service skills.
- Functions as an integral part of the Orlando Health team to support the nutritional needs of the patient.
- Responsible for arranging trays on delivery cart and logging delivery times.
- Logs tray locations and ensures trays are delivered to patients within a reasonable required time.
- Responsible for collection of money for guest trays and the logging of money with the diet office.
- Responsible for collection and removal of soiled trays from floors and for keeping work areas cleaned.
- Coordinates tray delivery with the expeditor and with the diet office when necessary.
- Assists with expediting trays from list and call preparation areas, checking trays for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors patient diet prescription, diet order changes, nourishment orders, late tray requests and quality standards.
- Accurately takes and checks patient menus according to physician diet orders.
- Adheres to patients food allergies, intolerances and food preferences in a timely fashion. Knowledgeable of nutritional meal patterns and able to modify diets accordingly with the assistance of the Diet Office System.
- Models essential service behaviors, such as excellent communication and customer service skills with patients, nursing staff, team members and visitors, interacting cooperatively and constructively and communicating in an open, honest, gracious and compassionate manner at all times, including person to person, telephone and written forms.
- Interacts appropriately with a culturally diverse population.
- Follows chain of command when communicating departmental and individual concerns or problems.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in departmental meetings and all related in-services and Performance Improvement activities.
- Knowledgeable of Patient Satisfaction goals. Works consistently to exceed the departments and Orlando Healths objectives by reporting concerns and suggesting creative ideas.
- Recognizes priority and protects the patients right to confidentiality.
- Refers patients concerns to the Food & Nutrition Leadership team or Clinical Nutrition team as needed.
- Observes all departmental rules and regulations.
- Prepares and maintains workstations for meal service.
- Performs all duties of the assigned work station as described by the work stations job task list.
- Provides complete and accurate documentation as required by the assigned work station and job task list.
- Assists with training of new team members in tray passing duties.
- Coordinates and assists with special projects relating to the Food and Nutrition Department.
- Recognizes that flexibility is paramount and change is continuous; the team member must embrace, encourage and drive change; approach situations and challenges with an open mind; work rotating shifts according to experience and business
needs; be able and willing to be cross-trained in varied positions and performs other duties as assigned.
- Aware of and follows Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points, (HACCP), precautions and sanitation requirements as they apply to food service.
- Aware of and follows all universal precautions as they apply to food service
ADDRESS: 1900 Don Wickham Drive Clermont FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.