Safety Manager, Transportation
Lake Trucking, a national leading transportation company established in 1961, specializing in highly perishable, refrigerated products and time-sensitive shipments is looking for a Transportation Safety Manager.
Based in Leesburg, Florida, Lake Trucking Company is exploding with growth. We've increased our fleet from 4 trucks in 2010 to over 60 today. We are a family company. Family owned, family operated, and we see our employees as an extension of that family.
We are looking for an experienced individual who can work in a team environment to ensure compliance with Federal and State DOT, OSHA, & SQF regulations and laws. Instruct drivers regarding company regulations, penalties for infraction of rules, and safety policies and procedures. Confer with department heads concerning measures to improve safety records and minimize risk of loss or damage to equipment. Investigate accidents, determine causes of accidents, and report or review findings. Maintain and apply current policies, regulations, and trucking industry processes.
Responsible for promoting the safe and efficient operations of the driver fleet, yard operations, and distribution center. The Transportation Safety Manager develops the transportation safety committee, trains associates and management in safety policies, defensive driving/driver safety, and accident prevention techniques, organizes and coordinates the daily activities within the Transportation department and distribution center consistent with company guidelines to ensure safe operations and address potential risks. The Transportation Safety Manager is a leader that is responsible for continuously improving the safety and well-being of all drivers, associates, and visitors at the warehouse.
- Works as part of a team to plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with state, local and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Departments of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Leads the investigation of accidents, incidents, and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for the company use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Manages incident and accident case files to reduce cost exposure to the company while ensuring appropriate care is provided to injured associates.
- Complies and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Works as part of a team to plan and implement programs to train managers, drivers, and associates in workplace safety practices, fire prevention, hazardous materials, material handling equipment (MHE), and the correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment and other materials found in the warehouse.
- Works together as a team to provide information, signs, posters, banners, and other presentations media materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Works together as a team to formulate training policies, programs, and schedule, based on knowledge of identified training needs, company production processes, customer processes, or changes in production, procedures or services.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
College degree required
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required.
- NATMI Safety Director Certification preferred.
- At least five years related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to adapt to a continuously changing work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and support change.
- Experienced with computer based training systems.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good customer service skills (internal and external).
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
- Tools and Technology Experience: Calculators, Desktop computers, Photocopiers, Data input scanners, Scanners, Microsoft Office Suite, ELD systems
- Ability to use of a telephone, fax machine, computer terminal, calculator, and copy machine.
Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Requires the use of various electronic tools, which includes ELD systems
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Medical, Dental, Vision
Company-Funded Life Insurance, Hospitalization and Accident Insurance
Paid Time Off
Paid Sick days
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 per year
Lake Trucking Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.