Local Driver CDL-A / Yard Driver
Lake Trucking Company is a licensed Motor Carrier. Established in 1961, we are in Leesburg, FL. We operate from our state-of-the-art 20,000 square foot frozen and refrigerated distribution center. Our facility is designed to cross-dock and store large amounts of product.
For over fifty years we have specialized in the transportation of highly perishable products, such as fresh seafood, fresh meat, produce and flowers. Our facility is HACCP and FSMA compliant and meets and exceeds all FDA regulations.
Lake Trucking Company is seeking an experienced CDL-A Yard Driver to join our TEAM! This employee is responsible for the general oversight of the tractors, trailers, Thermo-king units, and warehouse doors and ramps. Professional judgement is used to prioritize, make decisions, and resolve problems. All goals and targets should be met with accuracy.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify the list of assigned tractors and trailers
- Move tractor trailers in/out of doors and truck yard, as needed, in accordance to the list issued by supervisor
- Ensure tractors and trailers are ready drive off: tractor and trailer must be hooked up, air lines connected, landing gear raised and trailer doors shut
- Ensure all ramps inside the warehouse are working properly-- they should all open into the trailer (if ramp does not open, adjust trailers)
- Ensure all Thermo-king units are working properly by turning each unit on
- Verify “Driver List”- ensure all tractors and trailers are in correct doors
- Drive tractors/trailers to shop for service (when requested by supervisor)
- Ensure all tractor keys are available before the route goes out
- Ensure all Thermo-king units are running throughout the night on trailers with merchandise
- Ensure that all tractor and trailer lights are working properly, and replace any lights as needed
- Report to supervisor any repairs needed that may be noticed during the shift
- Report any changes made in tractor and/or trailer assignment from what is on the original “Driver List”
- Inspect the general tractor and trailer cleanliness and report to supervisor if equipment is not in top condition
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other safety regulations ensuring cooperation with safety function
- Ensure the reduction of financial loss related to damaged equipment
- Important: before moving a trailer, be sure there is no one working inside or around the trailer.
- Some local deliveries as designated by manager
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Must possess and be able to present a valid non-expired interstate Medical card
- Must be able to lift, push and/or pull up to 100 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or walk; as well as sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English within the context of the job and safety requirements
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Meets or exceeds minimum requirements established by Quirch Foods and FMCSR
Benefits you will enjoy:
- Competitive starting wages
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Free Lunches on Saturdays!
Apply for Local Driver CDL-A / Yard Driver
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly