Care Management Technician - Part Time
Department: APMC Care Management
Status: Part Time
The Care Management Technician is focused on supporting the care management team in achieving the department goals and objectives of patient transition/ throughput.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Two (2) years experience in working with customers and/or patients, to include one year in a health-related field. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) .
- Educates patients/families on the roles of the care management team, bridging communications with the other members of health care team, and ensuring timely transitions to the next level of care.
Assists with the Care Management requests as needed:
- Arranging nursing home returns
- Contacting SNFs, ALFs, and Rehabilitation Centers to refer to and ascertain bed availability
- Identifying availability of community resources
- Enrolling patients in patient assistance programs
- Referring to community agencies
- Arranging patient transportation
- Obtaining authorization numbers from payors
- Obtaining appropriate contact name, contact number and/or fax number of payor
- Arranging for resources to facilitate durable medical equipment
- Assists in issuing the Important Message from Medicare (IMM) letters to include patients rights/ responsibilities.
- Assist in issuing the Observation notification to include the Medicare Outpatient Observation Notice (MOON).
- Assist in issuing Advance Beneficiary Notices (ABNs) and Hospital-Issued Notices of Noncoverage (HINNs) as appropriate for non-covered services.
Assists in the overall office functions of:
- Mail management, phone coverage, and safe office operations/ maintenance of office equipment including, but not limited to, phones, fax machines, copiers, printers, and computers
- Maintenance of required files, statistics, and reports in a streamlined manner to ensure current accurate information is readily available to appropriate parties
- Assists in maintaining the various databases and spreadsheets utilized by the department
- Assists in scheduling meetings and coordinating arrangement for meetings
- Assists in the suggestion, development and implementation of new processes to improve department efficiencies
- Provides timekeeping support to the department via execution of departmental procedures and data entry into the corporate time management system
- Participates in quality and safety initiatives to ensure staff are improving practice to support quality and safety standards
- Prioritizes workload to manage multiple priorities.
- Able to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Able to maintain compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Fax/copy materials as requested.
ADDRESS: 92 West Miller St. (Arnold Palmer Hospital) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.