Dishroom Attendant - Orlando Health Regional Medical Center- Pool -Shifts Varies
Department: ORMC F&N
Status: Pool/Per Diem
The Dishroom Attendant is responsible for loading and emptying dish machine, washing pots, pans, cooking utensils and equipment by hand and assist kitchen
staff as needed.
Ability to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Removes waste and places in appropriate areas, empties and cleans garbage receptacles.
- Cleans all serving carts.
- Cleans the dishroom by sweeping, mopping, washing walls, floors and floor mats, stocks all dishware and glassware as cleaned.
- Performs closing duties in accordance to standards.
- Follows MSDS standards, safety, sanitation, infection control procedures and HACCP guidelines.
- Communicates proper information regarding customer and department needs to management staff and peers of the food service team.
- Models essential service behaviors, such as excellent communication and customer service skills with patients, nursing staff, and visitors, interacting cooperatively and constructively and communicating in an open, honest, gracious and compassionate manner at all times, including person to person, telephone and written forms.
- Complies with all hospital standards of performance.
- Responsible for retrieving and breaking down food carts from patient units.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
- Other Related Functions
- Participates in monthly departmental meetings and all related in-services.
- Observes all departmental rules & regulations.
- Interact appropriately with a culturally diverse population.
- Follow chain of command when communicating departmental and individual concerns or problems.
- Knowledgeable of Patient Satisfaction goals. Work consistently to exceed the departments and Orlando Healths objectives by reporting concerns and suggesting creative ideas.
- Completes dishroom temperature logs as required.
- Follows daily cleaning duties
- Recognizes that flexibility is paramount and change is continuous; the team member must embrace, encourage and drive change; approach situations and challenges with an open mind; work rotating shifts according to experience and business needs; be able and willing to be cross-trained in varied positions and performs other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.