Lifeguard - South Lake NTC Aquatics - Pool Status- Shifts Varies
Department: SOLK AQUATICS
Status: Variable Full Time
Orlando Health South Lake Hospital combines acute hospital care and medical services with comprehensive wellness programs, fitness training, community health education classes and support groups to serve the needs of south Lake County. South Lake Hospital's campus includes a 140 bed not-for-profit hospital, in affiliation with Orlando Health, a 30-bed short-term rehabilitation center, the Center for Women's Health, the National Training Center Sports and Fitness facility, South Lake Endoscopy Center, and South Lake Surgery Center. South Lake Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of the South Lake Community since 1947 and employs nearly 1600 team members; and has over 350 physicians on its medical staff.
South Lake Hospital at Orlando Health is seeking a Lifeguard to join our SOLK Aquatics department on the Per Diem shift. They are responsible for pool safety and to prevent accidents.
- Must be able to demonstrate reading, verbal and written communication, mathematical, and reasoning skills typically acquired through completion of a high school education.
- Current certified American Red Cross, Lifeguard Pro, YMCA, BSA, and First Aid Training or comparable/higher level.
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required.
- Experience and certification in deep water. Certifications must be up to date to be considered.
- Rescues swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Responds to emergencies according to policy and procedure and completes proper documentation.
- Follows emergency action plan and procedures established in the event of an emergency.
- Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforces and adheres to pool rules and regulations.
- Supervises recreational competitive swim meets.
Other Related Functions
- Administers First Aid when necessary.
- Treats minor accidents and submits incident reports within three business days to South Lake Hospital's Risk Management office.
- Participates in employee orientation and staff training sessions; attends staff meetings as required.
- Advises Aquatics Supervisor and/or Lead Lifeguard regarding conditions/practices that may pose a threat to health and safety.
- Responsible for the availability and safekeeping of emergency equipment (rescue tubes, backboard, signs and other equipment).
ADDRESS: 1935 Don Wickham Drive Clermont FL 34711
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.