Patient Accounting Representative - Patient Accounting Acute - First
Department: Patient Accounting - Acute
Status: Full Time
The Patient Accounting Representative works with patients and their families to meet financial obligations for services rendered.
High School graduate or GED required. Must complete Orlando Health staff development within 6 months of hire date. Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
Six (6) months collection/medical office experience.
- Telephone insurance carrier and/or patient to seek resolution on account
- Determine patients ability to pay and seek additional assistance either through optional payment plans or uncompensated care
- Assist Patient Accounting Rep II/III with ongoing projects and departmental activities as needed
- Exhibit competency in the utilization of computers, telephones, calculators, fax machines and insurance verification devices- level of competency 70%
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Maintain files and logs as assigned
- Seek to gain needed knowledge and experience to promote to Patient Accounting Rep II position
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 45 W. Crystal Lake St. (Sodo) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.