Radiology Technologist (Pool/Per Diem) - Dr. Phillips Radiology - Varies
Department: DPH Radiology
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (formerly Orlando Regional Sand LakeHospital) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents ofSouthwest Orange County and Orlandos growing tourist population. In additionto a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P.Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging,cardiovascular catheterization and angiography.
Specializein Unparalleled Patient Care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. With an internationalreputation for highly specialized care and state-of-the-art medicine, Dr. P.Phillips Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service medical/surgical facility servingthe needs of Southwest Orange County residents. In addition to being supportedby a team of outstanding nurse leaders, top-quality support staff and world-renownedphysicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will take your skills and capabilitiesfurther with the latest tools and resources, as well as leading-edge technologyin diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. Here, wehave built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the bestprofessionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes
The Radiology Technologist performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention.
Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Valid Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
- Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- Performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention.
- Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complimentary to quality care.
- Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures.
- Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
- Adheres to policy, procedures, protocols and mission statements.
- Assess the patient physical condition, age and specific needs.
- Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
- Acquires patients clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented.
- Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
- Assesses processed radiographs for technical quality, proper annotation, and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
- Applies principles of radiation safety to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
- Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality control tasks.
- Demonstrates proficiency in contrast medication injection.
- Administers medical aid as required in cases of adverse reactions to contrast medication and/or other emergencies.
- Applies sterile techniques to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
- Assists in supervision of student technologists.
- Utilizes Corporate Radiology computer systems effectively and accurately.
- Ensures safety of patients.
- Maintains reasonable regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- Maintains well stocked and organized work areas.
- May be required to work at any facility.
- Provides patient transport.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.