Security Lieutenant - SSEM Security - Full Time - Nights - Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word for report writing purposes.
- Must obtain a State of Florida Class "D" Security Officer License through the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services within 120 days of hire which must be renewed biannually before the license expires.
- Must obtain Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification within 120 days of hire which must be renewed annually before the certification expires.
- Must obtain a Basic Security Officer Certification or higher level of certification through the International Association of Hospital Security and Safety within 120 days of hire and maintained at all times during employment.
- One year of service as an Orlando Health Security Officer is required.
- Maintain order, discipline, and security within assigned areas in the absence of the shift Captain.
- Assists with the training of new officers and on-going training for current officers.
- Provides input to the Captain for Security Officers performance reviews.
- Communicates proper information regarding patient or non-patient needs to security team members.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.