Supv, Environmental Services - 3rd Shift - Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies
Orlando Health is currently seeking an Environmental Services Supervisor to perform a variety of supervisory functions, directing the daily operational activities of the department or departments assuring that all quality and standards are met by making personal daily rounds, signing inspection reports and responding promptly, safely, and efficiently to all service or customer requests. He/she assures that there is adequate staff and supplies to always meet the customers expectations; that the staff is always professional in their conduct and appearance and is committed to the highest possible customer satisfaction levels.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must possess technical competence in linen distribution, laundry services, or environmental services
- Three (3) years of experience as an Environmental Services worker required or related supervisory experience (or combination thereof). Associates degree may be substituted for two years of required experience.
- Assists in controlling expenses within his/her area of responsibility.
- Assists the Manager of Environmental Services or Operations Manager in attaining the financial goals for his/her area.
- Responsible for accuracy and timelines of reports, financial data and statistics.
- Responsible for productivity and staffing that is appropriate to his/her area.
- Demonstrates and promotes the hospital Culture, Values and I Promise standards.
- Demonstrates a proactive and enthusiastic attitude in striving for and meeting the departments goals and objectives.
- Recognizes the need for and demonstrates good communication and listening skills with customers, physicians, other staff, and their associates.
- Promotes teamwork within their assigned process or Department and within the organization.
- Coaches and counsels associates as needed; provides continuous feedback on performance and applies appropriate development tools to assist in their individual growth.
- Maximizes customer and guest satisfaction.
- Responsible to see that all work assignments are carried out properly, safely and completely within the allotted time schedule; assuring that the quantity and quality of the work meets all standards even if he/she must perform some duties, as occasions may arise.
- To achieve a Superior Facility Image, this position is responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of patient rooms, and ancillary areas to include, but not limited to bathrooms, public areas, corridors, medication storage rooms as directed by licensed clinical staff and any other areas that may require attention using designated and appropriate chemicals and cleaning procedures.
- Understands and complies with Safety and Infection Control practices within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Manages various personnel functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and disciplinary actions.
Other Related Functions
- Assists the Operations Manager with revising and implementing changes in policies and procedures to meet all licensing agency requirements (e.g., The Joint Commission, AHCA, Local & State Regulatory Agencies).
- Supports all policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
Assists the Manager Environmental Services or the Operations Manager with cross-functional and technical training programs.
- Promotes associate ownership of work processes.
- Communicates openly and freely with associates ensuring good two-way communication within the Department.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.