Department: IT Support Center Ops
Status: Full Time
The Telecommunications Operator processes high call volumes for both patient and internal departments. Activities include outstanding customer service, moderate typing skills, ability to process codes and trauma calls quickly, processing Engineering and Clinical Engineering work requests and paging the necessary technicians.
First and Second Variable Full Time Shifts available
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 25 WPM Typing Required.
- Familiar with basic computer functions.
One (1) year of call center experience is required.
- Answers and processes a high volume of calls accurately, professionally and with a positive attitude.
- Processes codes and trauma calls quickly and accurately.
- Monitors various alarm systems in the work area to quickly and efficiently notify appropriate personnel when an active alarm is received.
- Transfers callers to correct room, department or individual with a warm handoff.
- Operated specialized computer systems/consoles to facilitate the rapid processing of messages, work orders and services requests.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow processes, policies and procedures and other related documents.
- Dispatches appropriate personnel by radio or paging system.
- Delivers appropriate pages to physicians, on-call personnel and other Orlando Health employees as needed.
- Familiar with HICS and able to function during emergency situations.
- Initiates overhead pages accurately and professionally.
- Maintains flexibility in work schedule in order to meet the needs of the departments 24/7 operations, including weekend and night shifts.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Maintains current schedules of on-call personnel as appropriate.
- Meets all Orlando Health mandatory and developmental requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development and continuing education.
ADDRESS: 1417 Kuhl Ave. (Support Services) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.