Unit Secretary- ORMC Trauma Step-Down- Variable Full Time- Evening
Department: ORMC Trauma Step-Down
Status: Variable Full Time
The Unit Secretary is responsible for routine clerical/secretarial tasks for persons in a nursing unit.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Keyboarding skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology, or Health Unit Coordinator Certification.
- Acts as a receptionist on the unit, greeting and directing visitors, personnel and others in a courteous and informative manner.
- Transcribes physicians orders promptly, accurately and completely according to policy/procedure.
- Communicates consultation requests to physicians or therapists promptly and accurately.
- Performs data entry and assembles and compiles medical records.
- Prepare/copy designated medical record/ information for transfer to other facilities.
- Answers phone calls, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers.
- Answers patient call lights in person or via intercom; fills request or refers to appropriate person promptly.
- Communicate effectively in all interactions.
- Works under the direction of the charge nurse.
- Working knowledge of office/departmental equipment.
- Submits work orders for necessary housekeeping, maintenance, biomedical or other work orders needed.
- Collaborate in partnership interdepartmentally to promote and provide a safe environment.
- Utilize compassion to create a therapeutic environment.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains pre-established par levels of all unit office supplies.
- Monitor time and attendance through Kronos (or timekeeping system).
- Prioritizes workload to manage multiple priorities.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory standards including Federal, State, local and The Joint Commission.
- Maintains regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized unit.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.