If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The primary responsibility of the Student Loan Management Advisor is to contact active, graduate, and withdrawn students and explain available repayment options to assist with avoiding default on Federal Loans. This is an entry-level customer service position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Be a Full Sail University ambassador embracing our unique educational model, while maintaining the highest level of integrity, professionalism, and customer service
Contact graduate and withdrawn students in danger of defaulting and explain available repayment options to assist with avoiding default
- Counsel students on use of National Student Loan Database System to track loan history, lenders and services
- Complete In-School Deferment Requests
Interacts with other University departments such as the Financial Aid Team, Registrars Office, Student Services, and Career Development to resolve issues to achieve daily goals
Support the preparation of student records for annual audit
Provide recommendations to Management regarding policy and procedures
Make best use of debt management tools and reporting
Complete special projects as assigned
Serve as a lifelong resource to students needing assistance with loan repayment
- Other tasks as required
Adhere to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
Maintain strict confidentiality of company and personnel information
Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adhere to company attendance standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to interact with students and staff in fast-paced environment
- A friendly, professional demeanor, verbal and written communication skills, as well as proven excellence in customer service are essential
- Ability to multitask and communicate effectively, using critical thinking and analysis skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred, but not required
- Customer service experience preferred
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and comfortable with technology
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds. This position requires sitting for long periods of time at a workstation and computer. Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule and work a 40 hour work week that may include some overtime, nights, and weekends.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.