Westminster Winter Park, where youll love An Exceptional Way of Life located in Winter Park, FL has an open position for a MDS Coordinator RN, full time. We are a church related not-for-profit community service organization dedicated and committed to providing services for older adults. "EEO" "DFWP" and "Honor those who have served."
Coordination and completion of Minimum Data Set (MDS), Admission Assessment, and Resident Care Plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards, and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and its communities.
- Document MDS in the Electronic Charting System (ECS) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete daily MDS assessments (admission, quarterly, etc.) through Resident Interview Assessments on schedule.
- Update resident care plans (falls, wounds, infections, etc) on a daily basis.
- Maintain the PPS and OBRA schedule.
- Monitor all members of the care plan team to ensure accuracy and completion of the MDS.
- Manage and schedule weekly care plan meetings. Meet with family members and interdisciplinary teams during the care plan meetings.
- Prepare and transmit MDS assessments to the state on a weekly basis.
Education and Experience:
Must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida; Registered Nurse Assessment Coordinator (RNAC) Certification preferred.
Must possess physical assessment skills and be able to function independently throughout the Health Center.
Must work methodically with record keeping, time frames, and documentation.
Must have one (1) year experience completing MDS.