Community Engagement Manager
Community Engagement Manager
Position Summary: The Community Engagement Manager oversees the media relations, communications, resource development and volunteer services within the organization. The incumbent is a member of the ELCOC Senior Team and works out of the Office of the CEO. Responsible for the management and coordination of all publicly distributed materials and external communication for the organization, the incumbent works with Executive Leadership to develop and implement marketing and communications plans including social media channels while overseeing the development of sponsorship relationships with businesses, individuals and organizations interested in supporting ELCOC’s initiatives, events, and activities. Must be fully bilingual English – Spanish.
Essential Job Functions
• Leads and trains department staff in all aspects of department functions and compliance regulations as directed by the CEO.
• Sets and monitors department and individual staff annual goals and objectives in support of Coalition goals with CEO approval.
• Communicates and updates the CEO regularly on communications, media, and fund development events, efforts, and activities for the Coalition.
• Assists in the development, implementation and tracking of financial/budget/expense for the department.
• Advises Coalition staff of engagement and fund development opportunities in the community.
• Develops and executes ELCOC Communications, Media Relations and Resource Development plan.
• Develops and coordinates the production of communication to the media, special marketing material, social media and web page content regarding the Coalition’s outreach and fund development campaigns.
• Participates in public speaking functions to stakeholders, parents and/or volunteers.
• Ensures all information is shared in a timely manner.
• Communicates with constituents and media regarding special invitations, events, and similar activities.
• Ensures and maintains effective social media and website content with ability to measure growth through analytics. Serves as key organizational focal point to ensure website is maintained.
• Creates and prepares marketing collateral.
• Prepares state-mandated annual report and community report in collaboration with the Fiscal and Program units within established timeframes
• Prepares and submits state-mandated reports within established time frames.
• Ensures proper branding of all communications distributed by the Coalition.
• Supports the relationship between the Coalition and local agencies, civic groups, schools, community groups, political entities, governmental agencies, and volunteer services.
• Plans and designs activities/events/functions that will both help the local community and promote the image of the Coalition in a positive way.
• Prepares and maintains list of community partners.
• Ensures community relations activities/events are communicated to all ELCOC staff clearly and on a timely basis.
• Builds and maintains a working data base for key community contacts.
• Builds and maintains an exemplary working relationship with print, visual and auditory media including those serving minority and non-English speaking communities.
• Research, identify and maintain a data base for key media contacts.
• Arranges press conferences, media coverage proclamations and other related events in order to promote events.
• Writes press releases and feature articles on Coalition’s activities.
• Oversees production of all videos associated with fund development functions and program services.
• Working with core service provider, develops and presents for approval to CEO a calendar of community events to advance Coalition objectives.
• Prepares materials and promotes approved events via emails and invitations to providers, families, and other invitees as appropriate.
• Organizes logistics of ELCOC community events including but not limited to location, volunteers, and activities.
• Takes photographs during ELCOC-sponsored community events for use in Coalition’s marketing.
• Prepares marketing material for families on educational programs.
• Works with contracted provider call center marketing department.
• Develops and sends mass mailings.
• Provide assistance to the reception area as needed.
(This job description may not be all-inclusive, and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.)
• Ability to organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow-up on assignments with a minimum direction.
• Knowledge of community relations and ability to perform in that capacity.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
• Ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with a variety of constituents.
• Knowledge of English and Spanish business language and ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to effectively communicate sensitive information.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk, stoop and kneel. The employee may be required to lift and or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment within established guidelines.
• Working knowledge of child development and appropriate childcare practices and knowledge of Florida state standards and requirements.
• Ability to work flexible/hours schedule including Saturdays, early mornings, or evening hours.
• Ability to solve problem and deal with a variety of variables.
• Proficiency in the use of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite), social media platforms and website maintenance software. Ability to navigate the Internet.
• Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License with ability to travel to off-site locations.
• Professional appearance and presentation.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Business, Communications, or closely related field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Community or Public Relations or Public Administration required. Masters Preferred.
• Demonstrated Substantial experience managing professional level employees required.
• Bilingual – knowledge and ability to communicate in the English and Spanish languages both verbally and in writing required.
• Substantial hands on practical experience with marketing & website software required. Adobe Creative Suite and Word Press preferred.
• Experience in a non-profit preferred.
• Experience in fundraising and event planning preferred.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be considered for the above minimum qualifications.)