Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Lake Port Square is currently seeking a full-time Certified Nursing Assistant. Our CNAs assist the licensed nursing staff by performing routine nursing duties and activities of daily living, assisting residents with any daily needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Assists residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting and exercising
- Gives treatments, performs tests, carries out procedures and collects specimens as instructed.
- Reports and records observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures and specimens when indicated.
- Transfers, transports and escorts residents as needed.
- Answers signal lights promptly
- Changes bed linens, makes beds and keeps rooms clean and orderly.
- Maintains safe and sanitary work stations and equipment.
- Attends inservice training and education sessions as assigned.
- Assumes own responsibility for personal growth and continuing education.
- Participates in the orientation process of new employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalency
- 1 year of experience as a CNA in a skilled nursing environment
- Valid Florida CNA license
- Valid CPR certification
- Prior experience with electronic documentation of care
- Prior geriatric nursing aide experience is preferred
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; may be exposed to blood and body fluids which may contain HIV and/or HBV; must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, gerichair or shower chair, pushing up to 150 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to transfer, lift, turn and position a resident weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs..
- Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, squat, stand, and walk for up to 90% of the work day.
- May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to reach up to a level of six feet; must be able to push a dietary cart up to 40 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. occasionally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally team lift and/or move up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The job requires performances even in the existence of occasional undesirable working conditions such as confused or combative patients, contact with patient excrement, exposure to communicable disease and stressful situations. Also employee may experience intermittent exposure to unpleasant warm or cool environment.
- There is frequent patient contact on a daily basis. There are frequent contacts in person and by telephone with physicians and patients' families.
A Culture of Hospitality:
Lake Port Square fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, coworkers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
A Focus on Wellness:
Lake Port Square employees are expected to promote a healthy community culture for all residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to health and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness: Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical,
Social, Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can ensure and exceed residents’ wellness needs relating to their mind, body and soul, which may also have a positive effect on the employees, as a result.
Lake Port Square offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health & wellness and retirement plans. Eligibility starts in your first month. Our total compensation package includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Company-subsidized Group Health Insurance (including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-paid Group Term Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Group Term Life and AD&D
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, and ID Theft Protection benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (6)
- Generous 401(k) Retirement Plan offering immediate participation for your retirement savings needs and with 100% vested Employer Contributions after 1 Year of Service
Other Important Need-to-Know Information
- Lake Port Square is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
- Lake Port Square is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Lake Port Square is a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory verification of a pre-employment drug test, a criminal background check, and a fingerprint check.
- Applicants needs to be eligible to be employed in the United States.
- Pay is commensurate with education and experience.
- This position will be based in Leesburg, FL.
- Lake Port Square is not able to provide relocation assistance for candidates.
Apply for Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly