Senior Risk Engineering Property Specialist
Mitsui Sumitomo Marine Management U.S.A., Inc. is one of the worlds top ten property/casualty insurance carriers with over 40,000 employees worldwide.
This position is responsible to ensure that property exposures are accurately accessed and communicated to all MSMM customers using appropriate codes, standards and corporate policies as guidelines. Also, to oversee or personally provide property oriented loss control services to the larger and more sophisticated accounts. Finally, to provide guidance to MSMM customers in a manner that ensures all new construction and renovations are designed according to appropriate codes, standards and minimum insurance requirements. A working knowledge of the NFPA codes and ability to provide sprinkler plan reviews as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides bundled and unbundled Risk Engineering services to the large and more sophisticated property accounts. Conducts plan reviews concerning new construction and renovations. Completes a full risk assessment of the property, property related exposures and verifies all areas of sprinkler adequacy. In turn, provides a detailed technical report of findings and communicates these findings with both the internal Underwriting customer and the external MSMM client.
- Performs periodic written reviews of the property services conducted by the field Risk Engineering staff. Provides constructive feedback and training needed to correct skill deficiencies. Accompanies field Risk Engineering staff to reinforce new knowledge and skills. Provides technical consultation to Risk Engineering staff when special analysis and assessments are needed.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Risk Engineering, assists in the development and publication of department policies and procedural bulletins. Recognizes technical advancements and communicates to the Risk Engineering staff and customers effectively. Acts as a resource to Risk Engineering staff and customers regarding property oriented issues. Markets Risk Engineering services to prospective and unbundled customers. Conducts unbundled property work.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university is required.
- 5 years of insurance and general industry loss control experience is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in advanced property coverages and exposures is required.
- CFPS certification is preferred
- Working knowledge of NFPA and Factory Mutual Standards is preferred.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.